Friday, January 15, 2016

Kate Spade Bag Review and What's in My Bag

It's been a few weeks since I received my Beacon Court Jeanne bag from Kate Spade. This was my first ever kind of super expensive (but not really, because it was on sale and I used a gift card) designer bag purchase. I do have really cute Dooney and Bourke tote that I bought in 2014 and use during the summer, but I feel like Kate Spade is a whole other level for me. Anyway, I adored the bag when it arrived - it was a perfect color (light smoke is the name of the color, and I would describe it as a pearly gray with some cool blue undertones), perfect size, and perfect style and fit for me (note: I pretty much just wear it as a cross body as I like to be hands-free). But now that we're a few weeks out, do I feel the same way?

Absolutely!!

I still adore this bag and my heart still does little pitter-patters of love every time I look at it. I have been toting it back and forth to work and out to errands, just going about my life, really, so I think I'm at a point where I can attest to it's practicality and wear in addition to it's wonderful aesthetics.

 
The bag has one main compartment along with a slender front pocket that closes with a magnet where I usually store my phone (iPhone 6 Plus), and it's really easy to get to my phone. Inside, there is one large zip compartment where I keep sticky notes, my Erin Condren stickers, and a little red pouch filled with some in-a-pinch items.

In the main compartment I'm able to keep quite a bit of stuff, including two pouches filled with pens and lipstick and a little fox shaped pouch (which I ADORE and bought at Walmart, of all places) for my money and license. I also almost always have my Erin Condren planner and sometimes a larger wallet in there, all of which fits very comfortably.



That is EVERYTHING that fits in my Kate Spade bag! I feel like it's a lot, but I also feel like the bag isn't ginormous (disclaimer: I usually cary pretty large totes for bags #momlife, so my idea of large might be slightly skewed). Also, in case you didn't pick up on it already, all my little pouches are courtesy of ipsy, a.k.a the best thing I've ever done for myself.

So, considering the space available, the way it looks, how easy it is to wear and how it looks when I'm wearing it, I cannot say anything other than I absolutely, unequivocally love this bag. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nicely sized, neutral toned purse.


No comments:

Post a Comment