Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I'm a big fan of making goals and no body loves a New Year's resolution more than me, and this year is really no different, at least in the fact that I am going to make a resolution. But this resolution is different from years previous.

I like to plan, look ahead, write things down, and decide how my life will look a month, six months, a year from now. I'm very good at the planning part, but I suck at the execution part. Like, suck really bad. And I don't think that makes me different from a lot of people, but I still find it somewhat frustrating and disheartening, nonetheless.

So, this year I'm resolving to not look to far into the future, not make any hard or fast plans, and to shift my gaze into the shorter term. Get me through this week, this day, this hour. Give my best in the moments I'm in rather than fussing on what I can do to get ready for several months (or years) down the road. Now, of course, there are some things that are unavoidable. Financially and academically speaking I have specific goals in mind that really do need to be maintained, even though the end results are some way off, but in regards to everything else in my life, it's time to stop the fuss. It's time to stop planning so far ahead.

It's time to look at where I am and appreciate the good and hard work I've down and to give myself a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment