Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Eve

Tomorrow my baby turns one year old (if you're interested, you can find his birth story here). It hardly seems possible that a whole year has gone by since I was handed that slippery and sweet boy. This adventure in raising two children, both so completely different from one another, has been amazing and a huge learning experience. I've tapped into parts of myself I hadn't been aware of and as I've watched both my children grow, physically, mentally, and emotionally, I've grown as well. I'm blessed in every way with this little family and in this little boy.



So, what can I say to my sweet boy at (very almost) a whole year old?

My, my little man, you have grown so much and are so big! You'll have a check up next week and we'll know more then, but at last check you were a skinny little thing, but so very long! I'm not quite sure where we got you from, being all tall and skinny, yet here you are. You're fitting nicely into 12-18 month clothes and even starting to creep into 24 months, at least length wise (you don't always quite fill out those pants in the waist and I'm already wishing for those adjustment tabs. You've also sprouted some lovely tufts of hair that are somewhere between a light brown and an almost strawberry-ish blonde. It seems you may have got just a wee bit of your Mahoney roots in the roots of your hair. And, finally, you've decided to get some teeth. Well, a tooth, your middle front one, to be exact. It's just popped through in time to help you with some birthday cake this weekend (off to a good start, right?).

You are doing so, so much! You've been cruising for what seems like months now (maybe since December) and crawling since you were nine months old. You don't quite crawl in the usual way, much to everyone's amusement. You like to keep your right leg in the usual crawling position with your left leg tucked underneath you as you push yourself along. It's very sweet and you're very fast! You also love to dance to any and all music (And you love, love, love music. It soothes you when you're very upset, even Mama's singing!). You love crawling up into Sister's rocking chair or climbing onto your doggy riding toy from Memere. You give high fives and hugs, and are a pro at waving hello and bye-bye.

You've started to become such a little person! You understand a lot of what we say and are working very hard to be able to participate in the discussion. You've started saying bye-bye, doggy, and daddy (though daddy and doggy sound pretty close). I know more and more words will be coming so soon and I'll be excited to hear what your little voice really sounds like. You love so many people, and so many people love you back. You adore Daddy and Sister - your face just lights up when you see them and they play with you. You are a bit of flirt, flashing big, shy grins at the ladies in your life (or even women you don't know!). It's been a joy to see you grow and change and start the journey to become you.

Right now you're patting Autumn (the doggy) and giving her loves and quietly "talking" to her. You are such a sweet boy and I love you so much.

Happy birthday, little bubby boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment