Friday, October 17, 2014

My View

I don't often feel spoiled (though perhaps I ought to - I have a pretty wonderful life). I have my moments of peeking in on others' lives, often through social media or blogs, and a streak of jealousy runs through me, often accompanied with the thought, "If only we had a little more [fill in the blank]." That is usually followed by a dose of guilt, realizing that it's really not cute to covet what others have and to realize that the grass is always greener and that I really ought to appreciate what things I do have, which are many and good.

But goodness, sometimes it's nice to feel like you have something very special, something that not everyone can have. And this, this is what I have:

A stumbled upon lake while out on a going-to-nowhere drive.

A misty morning just outside of my parents' house.

Oh, the hills! An everyday delight.

Of course, anyone who travels to or lives in  Maine can see these beautiful places and claim them as their own. But there is something about these places that make my heart ring. I feel special for knowing them, some intimately and others just in passing. I do not own many things that are of great value or beauty, but I have these places which spoil my need for nature and beauty so. I have the view.




No comments:

Post a Comment