Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Just Smile :-D

I'm joining Mama Kat this week (for the first time in ages - so happy it's one more thing that's making me smile)!

10 Things to Smile About (inspired by Things I Can't Say)
Here are 10 things that are making me smile today.
  1. Learning new things (this past week I've read this and this and am reading this)
  2. Impromptu photo shoots with E. with her new school clothes for Kindergarten!
  3.  Finally getting to go for a run and really running. 
  4. Beer brewing in our house. (And it has chocolate in it!!)
  5. A delicious forecast expected for the rest of the week, perfectly coordinated with boat rides, balloon festivals, and a trip to Mackworth Island. Love August in Maine. 
  6. These last few weeks of uncomplicated nursing with M. It makes me smile, but shed a tear or two as well, not knowing what to expect once I start working part time again. 
  7. Seeing my name in print in the adult ed. brochure! 
  8.  This song:
  9. M. and his sleeves. 
    What...what are these??
  10.  Ocean State Job Lots and a giant bottle of $7 organic extra virgin olive oil 

    What's got you grinning?

15 comments:

  1. Ahh, I love Maine! You have many, many reasons to smile. I hope you do a lot more smiling today!

    Thursday Thoughts: Muscles, 10 Things to Smile About, Water, & Nip/Tuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love living in Maine - I have a hard time thinking of anywhere else we'd want to be! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Aww your little girl is so cute in that photo! I hope you have fun at all the events you'll be going to, sounds like a lot of fun, especially the balloon festival!

    How long have you been doing Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop? It's my first time to join. Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we think she's pretty adorable! And we fully intend to have some fun this weekend - I hope you do, too.

      I used to link up to Mama Kat's a lot when I had another blog, about two years ago. It's always fun!

      Delete
  3. What a great list of things to keep you smiling! I'm smiling because I'm getting back on track with running, too, and I'll have to say you nailed it about learning new things. I always feel the best about myself when I feel like I'm learning something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love learning, I think that's why I got into teaching - I just want to go to school forever.

      Delete
  4. Beer with chocolate? I'm not much of a beer fan, but this sounds intriguing. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be really yummy. When I've had chocolate infused beer in the past it's added a really nice rich undertone.

      Delete
  5. I love learning new things - and teaching people new things too! Our weather has been beautiful this week as well, I hope it stays like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been great to have such perfect weather to close out our summer - school is right around the corner for us!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful list! We vacation in Boothbay and come up to Portland every few weeks. There is something about Maine that feels like home to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boothbay is gorgeous, I love that part of the coast. I think Maine is just one of those homey places in the world; it's one of the reasons I feel so lucky to live here!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you have a lot to smile for! Stopping by from Mama Kats! Trying to nurse and work is hard, but I hope it goes well for you!
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And yes, nursing and working is tough! I'm really hoping it will work out well for me.

      Delete
  8. This is a great list. I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete