Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Art (in my house) and Crafts (I've learned how to make)


E.'s little mermaid friends. I've recently learned how to needle felt and these by far have been my best creations so far. They've joined a little woolen dolly, a very coloful penguin, and some wooly beads that might someday make on to a necklace. 

After having this two of these charm packs since November, I decided it was time to do something with a few of these squares. As a way to practice using my new sewing machine (which I'm still not so hot at), I sewed this together, then mounted it on some cardboard from an old cereal box. It's hanging in our upstairs hallway. 


Using some scraps of fabric from a quilt I made E. years ago, I made this little garland and hung it in our upstairs bay window just in time for Valentine's day (if you didn't notice, the fabric is cut out in the shape of little hearts). 

This is some artwork I did not create. I found it at a local shop and was matted by some friends of my mom's. I couldn't resist it, having a love for fairies and the little fairy girl reminded me so much of E. 

Here's a wider shot of one side of my favorite place in our house (that upstairs hallway I mentioned before). Just to the right is our big bay window. It's so lovely and bright here that it's hard to resist just coming up to sit and working on a project or read while the kids play.

No comments:

Post a Comment