Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year

After a wonderful Christmas (though a holiday I have to say I'm a bit happy to see the backside of - it's always a bit stressful to get everything and everyone together) it's that time I simply cannot avoid, being the goal maker (though I haven't yet quite hit "keeper") that I am.

New Year Goals (Can I ever NOT do this?):

Eat less (and better) and move more
  • Try to introduce daily exercise into my life once more
  • Try to eat "clean" and have a lot less sugar in my house in and in my body
  • Try to work on planning ahead and prepping meals to make our eating a bit easier
  • Maybe take up a new "sport" like snowshoeing or cross-country skiing
Organize and purge the ridiculous amount of kids' toys and baby clothes I have in our basement closet and attic
  • Wash and properly store all of E.'s old baby clothes
  • Properly store all of M.'s outgrown clothing, give away/return some that we were given on loan
  • Make a final purge of the toys upstairs and donate/throw away what we don't want/need
  • Properly store the toys we're going to hang on to
  • Start a toy rotation program and create some "rainy day" bags and busy bags for the kids
 Write more!
  • I would like to blog more...
  • But more than that I'd like to write more fiction (many moons ago that is all I did, and I miss it quite a lot)
Read more!
  • This is the easiest - crack open some more books!
  • I want more poetry in my life, but I somehow have a huge problem picking up a book of poetry; maybe I need to find a website or something that will send a poem to my inbox on a daily basis? (Update: poets.org does this, so yay!)
What are your goals (or resolutions) this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment