Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First Light


Before I was staying at home, I would be driving to work at this time, watching the sun come up in pinks and purples over our little range of mountains. The colors and time alone would fill my soul and make me ready for the day.

I don't have those quiet morning drives any more. I don't get up extra early to sneak out the door before little ones are awake enough to miss me. So, now I fill my soul bit by bit with these little sips of first light coming through my windows each of these early mornings. Maybe I've secured myself twenty minutes to take a shower (not so this morning) or perhaps we're fast out of the gate, scrambling to get ready for school. Either way, I take what sweet moments to collect myself that I can and make myself ready for our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment