Sunday, September 15, 2013

Grumpy Mama

There were supposed to be pictures...but I lost the camera.

It was my mom's camera.

Ugh.

We went camping this weekend, and I loved it. I went four-wheeling for the first time in years (years!) and felt like a real red neck woman without guilt. We stayed up late with a bonfire and some beers (well, I didn't have a beer, but it was nice to see others with one...and maybe I did have a sip or two of Pumpkin Head).

But, damn, am I tired. And that camera is still lost.

And I am one grumpy mama.

"What do you do when you feel grumpy?" I would ask E. when she's got her fists balled up and that scowl on her face.

What does a grumpy mama do?

Deep breaths, nurse the baby, eyes closed, make my big girl laugh. Sometimes.

Stamp feet, snappy voice, not-so-kind words. Sometimes.

What makes a grumpy mama feel better? Sleepy babies in bed (after some giggles that make the roughness from before a bit smoother), a movie with my biggest love, new polish on my nails. Being home again.

Grumpy mama is glad to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment